Thursday, December 07, 2017

Being Me

5 months hormone free vegan 53 y/o


Having been off Testosterone for the past 5 months I can't help but wonder if I am one of the few humans who after having had a full hysterectomy and having been on HRT, testosterone to be exact, for over 15 years who is leading the way to natural living.

I am a vegan, exercise 5 days a week, and have come to learn that my personality cannot be changed or alter because of other peoples needs and wants. I am a masculine expressive human, transitioned in 2003 and have been living as a "man" since then, well with a few hiccups since being with Lynna my wife for the past 3 years. We have dealt with lots of issues stemming from her not having family support and her religious upbringing and programming, which a lot of it stems from her own thinking, after all, it is up to us to live our lives in our comfort, no validation needed from others as she has finally learned.

I continue to believe that transition needs to be based on an inner core and personality expression, that medicalization and alteration of your body does not make you who you are, you are who you are from within and learning how to tap into to that is healthy and will relieve the pain we have had to go throughout our lives.  Dysphoria can only be dealt with via getting to know your true self. I plan to write about my journey and show people that natural transitioning can be done and is the way to fight off depression and lack of self-acceptance.

I feel more in tune with myself since stopping T, since realizing that I am a masculine expressing human, who although born biologically a female, my essence is all male, and I do not have to apologize to anyone for being me.  Since being with Lynna I have questioned my identity on several occasion due to the circumstances that were presented but now that we have got all that out of the way our focus is to grow as a couple, continue to lead a healthy lifestyle, adding the emotional and mental component of it, and focusing on the health and wellness of ourselves and our planet.

Please stay tuned for further journaling as I continue my life as Mark Angelo Cummings


The Cummings


No comments: