Monday, December 18, 2017

Anxiety The Root Cause

Many of us in the LGBT spectrum suffer from anxiety. Has anyone ever really asked why? The sense of restlessness, heart pounding, and feelings of uneasiness is an all to common feeling that has plagued me all my life. Usually, I can control it and has become a none issue, especially ever since I had my hysterectomy and no longer had hormonal imbalances.
These past few days I have experienced a lot of anxiety triggered by my PTSD from the past 3 years. Sometimes I return to lower levels of thinking, due to losing sight of all that I have learned and my evolution process.
Anxiety brings on chest pains, inability to function, and paralysis me to no end. If it weren’t for my regimen that at times may seem to regiment to others, without it I would be in trouble and lost.
Eating right, working out, and having a set schedule is important for my mental health. Chaos plays chaos on the nervous system that is set for order.
Humans are being pressed for dysfunction with this modern stressed out technological life that creates a slew of issues for us. We are not meant to live in constant stress, therefore anxiety is a byproduct of our lifestyle and choices.
If I allow my environment to dictate my life, and if I don’t find a sense of balance or the ability to soothe myself then an anxiety attack will kick in.  I find that dancing, working out, eating a plant based diet, peace in my surroundings helps keep me in check.
I grew up in a hostile environment and have learned to stay away from them, hence why I turn within and shut people and situations out. We all have to find what works for us and be constant.
Anxiety kills and we all need to find a way to calm the beast within. Learning what triggers you, finding effective ways to cope and integrate. Hormonal imbalances create anxiety, use food and herbs to balance them not drugs or alcohol.


Till next time

No comments: